Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Is it the silence before the storm?

Seems so. Everything is so quiet, calm, still ...

One of the many stories of O' Henry that I like best is "Roads of Destiny". A young man arrives at a cross road. He takes the left road, and dies. He then takes the right road, and dies again. He comes back to his village and dies finally.

Seems I'm too standing in front of some crossroad today. And whichever branch I take, it's going to be  ...

For anyone who cares, this, to some extent, explains my somewhat famous (current) status message in Orkut, "Be optimistic ... don't lose hope ... have faith ... then jump from the 9th floor".

Few times I've wondered why I'm trying my luck against a million odds! Repeatedly. Is this hope? Or, is this loss of all the hopes? ... Let me quote Mirza Ghalib here:


"Kehte Hain Jeete Hain Ummed Peh Log
 Hum Ko Jeene Ki Bhi Ummed Nahin"

I've to wait for a few days more to see where my destiny leads me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment